What have you planned to accomplish during your fabulous fifties? Going to work, taking care of the family, taking care of yourself, etc. are not enough. Add sparkle and a dash of flavor to your life by creating a Fabulously Fifty Bucket List and add all of the awesome things that you will accomplish during your fabulous fifties. Think about your dreams, goals, aspirations, and desires and start writing! Make your bucket list the bucket list of all bucket lists! Consider including short and long-term goals, things that are fun, spiritual, dazzling, breathtaking, spunky, exciting, and of course, all about you as a fabulously fifty woman of color. Dare yourself to do something so awesome that you will be blown away by its essence. To add variety to your bucket list, include personal and professional goals.
Your list could include any of the following, among other things:
- Change your hairstyle or color
- Lose weight
- Become a mentor
- Celebrate you
- Be a change agent/find a social cause and get involved/start a non-profit
- Travel within the United States and internationally
- Start hobby/collect rare items
- Redecorate your home/get rid of clutter
- Learn how to sew/be creative
- Change careers/start a business/consulting firm
- Dancing lessons
- Buy a new home/land
- Yoga/exercise routine
- Start saving/increase savings
- Change your eating habits
- Take a self-defense class
- Remove negative people from your life
- Complete a degree or take a course
- Enhance your self-esteem
- New wardrobe
- Write a book/Start a blog
- Be daring
- Ride on a motorcycle
- White water rafting
You may decide to write a short story, poem, or perhaps a novel about an awesome woman. Hmmm could it be about you? You never know until you start writing so turn on the computer or grab a pen and paper, allow your creativity to take control, and write a spectacular manuscript that will intrigue and enlighten.
The following are a few items on my Fabulously Fifty Bucket List:
- Be a part of the change that is needed in this world
- Make a difference in the life of someone/help them reach higher ground in life
- Visit Paris/Africa/Spain
- Walk barefoot on the beach at sunset in the late fall
- Tango lessons
- Write a New York Times bestselling book
- Self-publish something awesome
- Buy a larger home in the Appalachian Mountains
- White water rafting
- Add a Blonde Naso Tang to my aquarium
- Wood carving/wood art
Discover your passion and bring it to life by adding it to your bucket list. Be realistic and a little daring at the same time. Dare yourself to be creative, non-traditional, and innovative. When complete, your list should contain all of the things that you are truly passionate about accomplishing. You will have to create a plan of action and of course, a backup plan just in case.
Which item on your list will you complete first? Enjoy yourself and remember that as a fabulously fifty woman of color, you are rocking the fabulous fifties and living life fabulous, in style!
It is time for you to get busy writing, planning, and enjoying your Fabulously Fifty Bucket List.
Are you fired up?